The Interfaith Homeless Outreach Council is currently collecting personal care items for men, women, and children in shelters for those in need, and we are participating!
From now until the end of February, we will be gathering the items listed below, so that we can pack them in shoeboxes to be given out in shelters.
There are several ways that you can participate:
To make a monetary donation to be used for Personal Care Items:
- CLICK HERE to proceed to PUSH PAY, our secure online giving system and make a donation to IHOC Adopt a Box. With these funds, personal care items will be purchased, and boxes will be filled on March 5 by MUMC Youth and Adult volunteers. Any excess funds will be used in support of IHOC’s programs for the homeless.
To fill a box on your own:
- CLICK HERE to print out a Shopping List/Box Label, and attach it to a shoebox (or take a pre-labeled box from the Narthex or FLC)
- Shop for items on list, and place them inside the box
- Fill out check box, so we know if the box is for a male or female, child or adult, and check off what is inside.
- Return the box to the Narthex or FLC Lobby by Feb 25
To purchase personal items to be boxed later by volunteers:
- Go to our Amazon Wish List and purchase needed personal care items. Items can be sent directly to the church, or you can bring them to the church when they arrive.
- OR you can purchase items on your own, and drop them off in the Narthex or FLC Lobby. CLICK HERE to print out a Shopping List. (You do not have to buy everything on the list if using this option)
- shampoo and conditioner
- washcloths and hand towels
- combs and/or brushes
- toothbrushes and toothpaste
- socks, various sizes
- razors and shaving cream
- feminine hygiene products
The last day to return filled boxes and individual personal care items to the church is Sunday, February 25th. Items will be sorted and boxes will be filled on March 3 following the 9:00 service in the FLC. We welcome you to join us! Questions? Call the church, or email us out [email protected]